The Great Adventure

~ just one blink and its changed ~

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

In my grand way of thinking...

When Sophie came to live in our home, I had all the Christmas shopping completed... or so I thought and would like to remember being all prepped for Christmas that year. I make these grand statements and then begin to remember or have someone gently remind me that this was how I envision the past and not the actual event of the past.

This year is no different from those in years past. I have been busy with friends - praying for them in new ways this month.

~A baby - with eye defects - her Mommy and Daddy love her dearly and are trying to get thier arms wrapped around how this will effect them for the rest of their lives.
~A neice who also has some new eye issues - again both love her dearly and are trying to hope for the best and know that either way God's will will be accomplished.
~A friend in SC who has had great results from chemo treatment on lungs diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in them that have never held a cigarette to their lips.
~Another friend that has a baby trying to be born too early - 29 weeks tomorrow who is on complete hospital bed rest praying that this little girl will wait to be born as long as she can... and yet she (the momma - the friend) wants to be at home with her husband and nearly 2 year old daughter to celebrate Christmas...

What have I been doing? Praying - hopeing - anticipating many new things that haven't been included in this list of personal dear friends crisis... trying to capture the delight of the season all the while waiting for God to come through and show up the way I want HIM too... like he doesn't know best.

No comments: