The Great Adventure

~ just one blink and its changed ~

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Our Sophie...

OK - so we figure that we are pretty competent parents - we have successfully seen 2 children past the age of let's put anything and everything into our mouths... we've not ever had to call Poison Control... that is until last night! Yep - under the watchful eyes of 4 people who know that Vicks Vapor Rub is NOT for your mouth... our Sophie successfully opened the jar and rubbed it onto her face and even tried the flavor!
The back of the stuff says not for consumption - duh! - and if it is consumed, to call Poison Control. We did... and then began the watch! She's OK today - no worse for the wear. Hopefully a little bit more wise. We are. Camphor can cause seizures or worse... and menthol can cause pneumonia like symptoms.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mathew Meanderings said...

That is SO scary! I am glad she is okay. How much did she ingest?

Bemily said...

I'm so glad Sophie is okay! Now... it can be a funny story! Miss you guys!