The Great Adventure

~ just one blink and its changed ~

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Having a Pre-Decided Heart!

I am learning that in this life there are somethings that really are non-negotiable.  Surprising that it has taken me this long to figure it out or maybe not figure it out, necessarily, but come to recognize it and call it what it is. 

I heard a conversation about living with a pre-decided heart a few weeks ago... and it has continued to stick with me.  It's something that I am pondering on as I go through my day - the notion of this idea pricks my conscience as I excuse my inability to accomplish the tasks on my list... it challenges me to 'get busy' and do the things that I don't like to do.  I imagine that eventually it will touch on the areas in my life where there is self-discipline lacking. 

So, in this first month of the new year, I am re-writing my thinking processes and beginning to work with my pre-decided heart.  So far, I've finished my part in the bathroom project!  It's now a 'marshmellow' white... and finally all the rooms in our home have been re-painted!  Soon it will have other fabulous touches of color that will make it a happy room to be in!  I have made it a point to start listing things that need to be done in our home to streamline other projects.  I am learning to make choices that will benefit goals that I have set... not to be re-written and changed but to be 'stuck with' so that they can actually get accomplished!  Funny, a pre-decided heart is really energizing! 

No comments: