The Great Adventure

~ just one blink and its changed ~

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More musing on the Creation Museum Experience

I have always fallen into the camp of... "God said and I believe it and that settles it for me." Thank you Bill and Gloria Gaither... but in this post-modern age a lot of those pieces of settled belief are just not good enough anymore to settle on and then to try to defend by saying that God said it and so I believe it...

This museum (www.creationmuseum.org) did an awesome job of explaining what the differences are from what God has said and what man has interpreted and expected other men to believe. (men used here to mean everyone!) :-)

For example:
I also grew up in the era just before the existance of dinosaurs was the accepted/ expected explaination of the large bones that were being excavated... have you ever seen the bone map for "Lucy"? Tell me... when you look at that map... do you see an animal that might be able to be the "link" between humanity and the apes?! That's just crazy. Either way - wherever you "fall" in the camp of discussion and belief... I think that the day and age for acceptance of everything just might be over... and that God is challenging us to move into an era where we can verbally defend what it is that we believe with kindness in our simple words and honest truth. He is after all the author of life!

No comments: