The Great Adventure

~ just one blink and its changed ~

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Olivia's First Day of School...

Our first one is off and on her way into the halls of academia. I can't believe that she is old enough to be in kindergarten already... In many ways yesterday was a day of introspection for me. I think that I mentioned that in my last post. But it really was.

Have I done all that I could to help prepare her sufficiently for the next big adventure of 12 years... stop there chick... one year/ one day at a time is all that I have been asked to take care of. So, here is my first one off and on her way with a confident wink and a few funny faces... we're off.

She made sure that she knew what was packed for her snack and what was for lunch. Did she have her special kindergarten blankie... and did she have her summer scrapbook? We had our morning routine down pat this morning... the only glitch in the plan was her brother who wasn't too sure that he wanted to go along with this plan. She did great in the classroom - just a little nervous, but then again so were half the others in her class.

We made it! I can't wait to hear the stories of her first day of school. :-)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joshua said...

Oh, what a big girl Olivia is! Please tell her that her Aunt Tamara and Uncle Josh are so proud of her.
She looks super cute in her pig tails! :)